MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Peculiar - Byrne Campus, 20509 South State Route J., Peculiar, MO, 64079
Youth Care Specialist
MBCH Children and Family Ministries (MBCHCFM) is seeking live-in Youth Care Specialists (YCS) for our Boys' Therapeutic Group Home in Peculiar, MO, near Kansas City.
Typically working in teams of two, YCS’s work alternating weeks (7 days on / 7 days off) providing for our clients’ needs and imparting life skills in a safe and structured environment which they help to create by modeling Christian values at all times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Client Supervision
- Communication & Collaboration with team members and others
- Ensure client health & welfare needs are provided for & addressed – manage medical appointments, medications, health concerns, dietary/nutrition, etc.
- Ensure client educational needs are provided for & addressed
- Ensure client spiritual needs are provided for & addressed – lead in daily devotions, prayer, attend chapel services, etc.
- Administration functions - Documentation, reports, logs, meetings, etc.
- MBCHCFM is a faith-based Christian organization & candidates must share our faith, values, and ministry focus.
- Assurance of a Christ-centered life
- Bachelor’s degree in social services highly preferred (High School diploma required)
- Related experience highly preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Capacity to perform well in stressful situations
- Ability to work the live-in schedule (alternating weeks - 7 days on duty / 7 days off duty)
- General computer skills
Note: The live-in schedule (7 days on / 7 days off) is conducive to those applicants who do not live in the immediate area since the commute would be only once per week. Also, married couples (with no dependent children) are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
About MBCH Children and Family Ministries: MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a nonprofit faith-based Christian subsidiary of Missouri Baptist Children's Home providing programs and services for children, youth, adults and families. We are a leading child services agency and children's advocate offering our services to anyone regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, handicap or income. With service locations in Bridgeton, Joplin, Kansas City, Mt. Vernon, Peculiar, Springfield and Southeast Missouri, MBCH Children and Family Ministries is privileged to serve children and their families from across the state. We are committed to serving God by responding to the needs of children, youth, and families to make a lasting difference in their lives.