The LIGHT House
Kansas City - Maternity Home, Unlisted, Kansas City, MO, 00000
We are seeking 2 part-time Residential Advocates for our LIGHT House Maternity Home in Kansas City. Residential Advocates ensure care for the emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of clients entrusted to the care of The LIGHT House. Typically working in teams of two, the advocates provide for the clients’ needs, give encouragement, and impart coping and life skills in a safe and structured environment which they help to create by modeling Christian values at all times.
- Saturday & Sunday, 10:30AM - 6:30PM (16 hours per week)
- Saturday & Sunday, 3:00PM - 11:00PM (16 hours per week)
- Providing direct monitoring of clients under immediate care
- Foster independent development: teach independent living skills, money and time management, management of medical needs and parenting skills, etc.
- Managing house/clients’ needs: chores, life skills, relationship building, modeling/mentoring parenting growth, social skills, etc.
- Provide support and modeling to mothers in the maternity home programs: help with general needs, diapering, feeding, changing, bathing, safe sleep instruction and safety education
- Communicating and collaborating with other staff to coordinate services and ensure quality
- Prepare or supervise preparation of foods and ensure proper storage and labeling of foods.
- Leading clients in devotions and prayer time daily
- Completing daily reports and other required documentation and administrative task as necessary
- The LIGHT House is a faith-based, Christian agency and applicants must have a Christ-centered life and share our beliefs, values, and ministry focus.
- Passionate about working with young mothers and their babies.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree required (Social Services field highly desired)
- Valid driver’s license
- Have, or be willing to obtain, CPR, First Aid, Med Tech certifications
- Ability to learn quickly and immediately put new knowledge into practice
- Demonstrative capacity to perform well in stressful situations
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Ability to assist with infants and children in the program