Missouri Baptist Children's Home
Mission and Values
Missouri Baptist Children's Home is committed to serving God by responding to the needs of children, youth and families to make a lasting difference in their lives.
The ministries, programs and services of Missouri Baptist Children’s Home are guided and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
- Biblical Worldview: We are an unapologetically Christian Faith-Based organization that operates within the statement of faith of the Southern Baptist Convention (as described in the “Baptist Faith and Message”). We believe the Bible is God’s revelation to mankind and is the foundation of all that we do. We believe we find forgiveness, hope, healing and restoration in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Higher Calling: We believe we are called by God to minister to the hurting children, youth, adults and families of our world. Since our work is Biblically mandated, we provide an atmosphere of hope and faith as we model our walk with Christ in all personal and professional relationships.
- Sanctity of Life: We believe all human beings are created by God in His image. Since every person, from conception to natural death, possesses inherent dignity and immeasurable worth, we are called to defend, protect and value all human life.
- Strengthening and Finding Families: We believe God ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. We strive, therefore, to assist our clients to achieve permanency by strengthening or finding families that work.
- Professionalism: We believe this ministry demands that we integrate the highest professional standards and evidence-based practices with our Christian faith, thereby providing the best possible care for our clients.
- Trauma-Informed Care: We believe that a history of trauma or adverse childhood experiences can seriously impair the future of successful relationships and capabilities. We believe that trauma which occurred in relationships should find healing in relationships. We therefore seek to provide trauma-informed ministries that address the whole person: spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and physically.
Faith and Message
The MBCH Board of Trustees has adopted the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 as the corporate statement of faith for the MBCH family of corporations.
In a nutshell, this is what Missouri Baptist Children’s Home is all about in providing services and ministry to its clients:
- Work towards permanency: Ensure all clients have a loving, permanent home
- Celebrate the family: Help the family function in a healthy manner
- Move to community: Move to the least restrictive situation as possible where clients are connected with natural helpers and thriving in their communities
- Share our faith: This is the heart of the Agency. We believe Christ is the answer for hurting children, youth, adults, and families.
- Provide trauma-informed care: Provide services to clients in a trauma-informed and trauma-effective manner