By: Russell Martin, President
Missouri Baptist Children's Home
Posted: Aug 21, 2020
In its most recent meeting, the board of trustees of Missouri Baptist Children's Home adopted a strategic plan for 2021-2025. As part of that process, we did a review of the mission statement and the values statement. While the mission statement remains the same: "Missouri Baptist Children's Home is committed to serving God by responding to the needs of children, youth, and families to make a lasting difference in their lives," the values statement was updated.
I want to share the key elements of the values statement as it defines who we are as an entity and what we hold to be true and dear in fulfilling the mission God has given us.
The ministries, programs and services of Missouri Baptist Children’s Home are guided and informed by our beliefs and commitments to:
- Biblical Worldview: We are an unapologetically Christian Faith-Based organization that operates within the statement of faith of the Southern Baptist Convention (as described in the “Baptist Faith and Message”). We believe the Bible is God’s revelation to mankind and is the foundation of all that we do. We believe we find forgiveness, hope, healing and restoration in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Higher Calling: We believe we are called by God to minister to the hurting children, youth, adults and families of our world. Since our work is Biblically mandated, we provide an atmosphere of hope and faith as we model our walk with Christ in all personal and professional relationships.
- Sanctity of Life: We believe all human beings are created by God in His image. Since every person, from conception to natural death, possesses inherent dignity and immeasurable worth, we are called to defend, protect and value all human life.
- Strengthening and Finding Families: We believe God ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society. We strive, therefore, to assist our clients to achieve permanency by strengthening or finding families that work.
- Professionalism: We believe this ministry demands that we integrate the highest professional standards and evidence-based practices with our Christian faith, thereby providing the best possible care for our clients.
- Trauma-Informed Care: We believe that a history of trauma or adverse childhood experiences can seriously impair the future of successful relationships and capabilities. We believe that trauma which occurred in relationships should find healing in relationships. We therefore seek to provide trauma-informed ministries that address the whole person: spiritually, emotionally, intellectually and physically.
It is our desire to be "salt and light" in the world and to do it in a professional, responsible manner, that honors our Lord. Thank you for your partnership with us as impact the world for Christ by changing one life at at time.
[See More News]