As we close out 2019 and begin to think about the opportunities God has for us in 2020, I began to consider some of the accomplishments we have seen in our strategic plan over the past couple of years.
There have been many, but those that have probably the most significance for me are these:
1. We completed our "mission audit" by reviewing our policies, procedures, and practices to ensure consistency and adherence to our Christian values.
2. The Articles (governing document) of Missouri Baptist Children's Home were amended in accordance with the actions of the Missouri Baptist Convention in order for them to be in compliance with the governing documents of the MBC, and they were approved by the messengers at the 2018 annual meeting.
3. The LIGHT House, one of the affiliates of Missouri Baptist Children's Home, received accreditation through the Council on Accreditation for the first time in its history.
4. A home for minors who are victims of human trafficking is now open in the Kansas City area, thanks in large part to the efforts of the Blue River-Kansas City Baptist Association and its Restoration House.
5. The partnerships that have been developed with the Baptists in Moldova and Ukraine to assist them in their orphan care ministries.
6. The implementation of the Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) therapeutic model across all programs.
7. The church engagement initiative coming to fruition, and the Stewards of Children training that is part of that effort.
None of these could have been accomplished without a cadre of God's people who have responded to His call to involve and invest themselves in the ministries of Missouri Baptist Children's Home. Thank you for your partnership in the past and for the future.
Our current strategic plan is for the period 2016-2020 so we will begin working with the board on our next five-year plan. We are excited about the future of MBCH and what God is going to do for us and through us.
Happy New Year!
[See More News]