MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Mt. Vernon - Hutchens Campus, 603 North Main, Mt. Vernon, MO, 65712
Youth Care Specialist
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is seeking applicants for a Part-time Youth Care Specialist (YCS) at our campus in Mt. Vernon, MO. Youth Care Specialists are responsible for ensuring that our clients receive the emotional, physical and spiritual support they need and also encourage clients and impart coping and life skills in a safe and structured environment, while modeling Christian values at all times.
- Friday's: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Saturday's: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday's: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Job Responsibilities include:
- Providing constant monitoring of clients under immediate care
- Working with clients on choices/consequences
- Managing house/clients’ needs, clients’ chores, shopping, laundry, etc.
- Scheduling healthcare appointments, maintaining accurate documentation of medication and addressing all health concerns
- Communicating and collaborating with other staff to coordinate services and ensure quality, provide coverage/support for all houses/programs
- Assisting with clients’ educational needs, help with homework communicate with teachers
- Leading clients in devotions, prayer time, Sunday worship services, chapel services, etc.
- Assist in planning and preparing meals, providing proper dietary needs, etc.
- Assist in completing reports and other required documentation and administrative tasks as necessary
- Transporting clients or arranging transportation for clients for approved outings/appointments
- We are a faith-based Christian organization and candidates must share our faith, values, & ministry focus.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree in Social Services field highly preferred
- Prior experience in a residential program setting highly preferred
- Willingness to obtain certifications (offered through MBCH Children and Family Ministries)
- Ability to learn quickly and immediately put new knowledge into practice
- Assurance of a Christ-centered life
- Demonstrative capacity to perform well in stressful situations
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
- Must obtain a Class E driver’s license