MBCH Children and Family Ministries
Peculiar - Byrne Campus, 20509 South State Route J., Peculiar, MO, 64079
The purpose of this position is to provide the campus with needed repairs, installations, remodeling, and general upkeep to include: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and landscaping/grounds-keeping. (If in possession of required certification and skills/experience, may also provide automotive maintenance for agency vehicles.)
Primary responsibilities include:
- Electrical – repairing/replacing outlets & fixtures, moving lights, replacing ballasts
- Plumbing – resetting toilets, re-plumbing kitchen/bathroom sinks, showers, tubs
- Carpentry – basic indoor/outdoor repair, building walls, drywall installation/finishing, replacing countertops, general room refinishing/painting, hanging suspended ceilings, flooring
- Landscaping/Grounds-keeping – mowing/weeding, trimming trees/bushes, mulching, snow removal
- Automotive (if applicable) – basic auto repair, obtaining licenses/inspections
- MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a faith-based Christian organization and candidates must share our beliefs, values, and ministry focus.
- High School diploma or GED
- Acceptable and demonstrable skills in the required areas
- Basic computer skills
- People skills, organizational skills, administrative skills
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and very attractive benefits.
About MBCH Children and Family Ministries
MBCH Children and Family Ministries is a nonprofit faith-based Christian subsidiary of Missouri Baptist Children's Home providing programs and services for children, youth, adults and families. We are a leading child services agency and children's advocate offering our services to anyone regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, handicap or income. With service locations in Bridgeton, Joplin, Kansas City, Mt. Vernon, Peculiar, Springfield and Southeast Missouri, MBCH Children and Family Ministries is privileged to serve children and their families from across the state. We are committed to serving God by responding to the needs of children, youth, and families to make a lasting difference in their lives.